The first-ever Hi-Rez Expo Keynote has officially come to a close, and there’s tons of epic announcements to cover!
2017 was a truly memorable year for the Paladins community, complete with 14 unique new Champions. We released new gameplay modes to provide our players with more ways to play, and brought five beautiful new maps to explore with your friends. And last but not least, we introduced the excitement of esports to players around the world with the Paladins Global Series, Paladins Console Series, and Paladins Premier League!
We’re bringing even more awesome content to the Realm in 2018, including a new Champion, two massive new game modes, and exclusive Twitch Prime loot to collect!
Here’s a look at everything we revealed at HRX:
- Paladins: Battlegrounds — The First Hero Shooter Battle Royale: Paladins: Battlegrounds is the first-ever hero shooter battle royale. In joining the two genres together, we’ve come up with something that feels brand new. You and your team will spawn onto a truly massive map — more than 300 times the size of our largest Siege map today. You’ll hop onto your mounts and start exploring, looting your way through more than four dozen outposts and tracking zeppelins that drop legendary gear. As the fog contracts, the stakes are raised. The last team standing wins, and that’s not easy with 100 players!
- New Cinematic: As inspiration for the year to come, we’ve created a new cinematic trailer showcasing our vision for Paladins’ action-packed combat.
- New Champion: Meet the playful yet deadly Moji, Paladins’ newest Flank Champion! Moji is a powerful magician who summons exotic creatures, and she rides her favorite two-headed beast into battle.
- New Game Mode and Map: In Team Deathmatch, the first team to 40 kills wins. It’s that simple, and it’s a ton of fun when you’re looking for quick, action-packed matches. We’re launching the mode with an all-new map: Trade District. Set in our Stone Keep art set, the Trade District is home to some of the Magistrate’s finest merchants… and some great action.
- New Mount Type: We’re introducing a new mount type, the Battle Cat! Our first Battle Cat mount is a vicious sabertooth tiger called the Primal Prowler, and best of all, it’s free for all Twitch Prime members! We’re partnered up with our friends at Twitch to give all members exclusive access to our first Battle Cat mount, along with a new Twitch Prime Bomb King skin. If you’re not a member yet, you can [sign up for a FREE trial] to unlock all of this content in Paladins, available Jan. 11 on PC and Jan. 18 on Console!
- Paladins Strike: First revealed last fall during Alpha Testing, Paladins Strike is everything you love about Paladins packed into a new MOBA-inspired mobile game! We’ll be running a worldwide Public Test for both iOS and Android soon, so be sure to [register at HRXStrike.com] to jump in later this year!
We hope you enjoyed all the new announcements from HRX 2018! Our new Champion Moji, Team Deathmatch, Trade District, and the exclusive Twitch Prime loot will be available next week on PC, and a week later on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Thank you so much for supporting us, Champions, and here’s to a great year!